The aim of the Fund is to grow the value of the original investment over the long term.
The Premier Ethical Fund looks to produce long term capital growth by mainly investing in the shares of UK companies whose business is based on ethical, or socially responsible principles, both in the UK and overseas. The Fund will actively invest in companies which benefit the community or the environment whilst avoiding those with any significant involvement in gambling, the arms trade or other activities considered to have an adverse overall effect on health, the environment or human dignity. The Fund has an independent Committee of Reference which meets regularly to discuss research on topical issues relating to the Fund’s ethical criteria.
- Invests in companies whose business is based on ethical or socially responsible principles.
- Avoids companies that are known to have a negative social or environmental effect on the community.
- Invests mainly in UK equities.
- Overseen by independent; Committee of Reference.
- Click here to read the full Ethical Policy.
- who are looking for a long term investment and who are happy to put aside their money for at least 5 years.
- who want to invest in a portfolio of shares in companies that are chosen using a set of socially responsible or ethical principles.
- who appreciate the potential for superior returns of investing in different assets, including UK and overseas equities, but also understand the higher risk attached to these investments.
- looking for a diversified portfolio to help manage risk and achieve their objectives.
- who understand that there are no guarantees on the return of their original capital when they come to sell their investment.
- who are unable to accept the possibility of loss on their investment.
- who are looking for short term gains.
- whose main requirement is income.
The suitability descriptions above are for guidance only. We would always strongly recommend that investors consult with a financial adviser who can help assess risk profiles and the suitability of a fund. We are unable to provide individual investment advice or advise on the suitability of this Fund for individual investors.
Like to know more?
If you are interested in this Fund or would like any further information, please consult with your financial adviser in the first instance to ensure the Fund is appropriate for you. If you require more information please email us.
Senior investment manager, Premier Ethical Fund