Please note, Paul Smith is stepping down as manager of Premier Defensive Growth Fund for personal reasons. We support Paul’s decision to step down from his roles at Premier. Paul joined Premier as a fund manager in 2005 and we are grateful for his contribution as a highly regarded and respected member of our investment team over many years. He leaves us with our very best wishes.
Paul has built a strong investment team who have worked closely with him over the last few years and we are delighted to be able to appoint Daniel Hughes and Robin Willis to take over the running of this fund, ensuring continuity of investment philosophy and process for investors. Daniel and Robin have both been part of the fund’s investment team since 2015. We are confident they will do a great job for our investors in the future.
The fund aims to generate positive returns over a rolling 36 month basis. However, there is no guarantee that this objective will be achieved over that specific, or any, time period and there is always a risk of loss to your original capital.
The fund’s performance is not expected to be reliant on particular market conditions. The investment team aims to achieve the fund’s objective by investing in a portfolio which is diversified across different investment themes, investment strategies, asset classes, geographies and markets.
To help investors assess the performance of the fund, three month GBP LIBOR is used for comparison purposes. The London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR), is a benchmark interest rate at which major global banks lend to one another in the international interbank market for short-term loans. As the fund aims to deliver an absolute return over a rolling 36 month basis with low volatility, through a portfolio that includes investments with a specific expected return profiles, we believe it is a meaningful benchmark to help investors assess the performance of the fund.
There is no guarantee that the fund will achieve its objective.
The full investment objective and investment policy for the fund are published in the fund’s Prospectus.
- Aims to deliver positive returns over 36 month rolling periods
- Diversified portfolio of global assets and investment strategies
- Actively managed
- Experienced investment team
- who have basic investment markets knowledge or experience of the basic characteristics and risks of funds;
- who understand that all of their investment is at risk;
- whose main investment priority is to grow the value of their original investment over time;
- who can invest for the medium-term, which means at least 3 years;
- who understand that there are no guarantees that they will get back the full amount originally invested when they come to sell their investment; and
- who have consulted with an authorised financial adviser.
- whose main investment priority is to receive a regular income;
- who need to fully protect their investment;
- who want on-demand full repayment of the amount invested;
- who have no tolerance for risk;
- who are unable to accept the possibility that they may not get back the full amount originally invested when they come to sell their investment;
- who are looking to invest for less than 3 years;
- who are looking for a high investment return;
- who are looking for guaranteed returns.
The suitability descriptions above are for guidance only. We would always strongly recommend that investors consult with a financial adviser who can help assess risk profiles and the suitability of a fund. We are unable to provide individual investment advice or advise on the suitability of this Fund for individual investors.
Like to know more?
If you are interested in this Fund or would like any further information, please contact us.
Head of fixed income and absolute return investment team