The State of the Universe
The debate about active versus passive investing has raged for years. But much of the case against active management is based on misleading data. This is because passive investments are usually shown in a good light against "the average fund", but hardly anyone invests in that fund, so the comparisons are dubious.
We have carried out a study that more accurately reflects the value created by active fund management. The results not only paint a very different picture to the one we're used to seeing, they also reveal some fascinating insights as to how active management can be made to work for the individual investor.
Written by Simon Evan-Cook,
Manager of Premier multi-asset funds
- Kill the Filler - The Costs of Closet Tracking
- Sector Review - UK Smaller Companies
- Sector Review - Europe Ex-UK
- Case Study - The Life and Times of M&G Recovery
- Case Study - Bubbleology: Invesco Perpetual Income
- Case Study - Schroder UK Alpha Plus
- A review of fund management
- Sector Review - Japan
- Sector Review - North America